Still don’t understand the new vSphere licensing model? Can’t quite comprehend what you are entitled to from your existing vSphere environment? Need hard cost proof why you should or shouldn’t upgrade to vSphere 5? Tired of all of these rhetorical questions?
Good news below is a link to VMware’s vSphere Licensing Advisor. This is a tool that will let you to look at your 4.1, 4.0, or 3.5 environments and see what you are entitled to.
A Few Notes:
- The tool requires JRE 1.6 or higher.
- Editions are displayed as their vSphere 5.0 equivalents using standard entitlement paths.
- If you have vCenter Servers in linked mode, you will need to connect to each vCenter Server.
- The tool displays vRAM usage and capacity at the single point in time the data is gathered.
- The tool will work in environments with Virtual Infrastructure 3.5, vSphere 4.0 and vSphere 4.1. Environments with vCenter Server 4.x managing Virtual Infrastructure 3.5 hosts are not supported with this tool.
Leave a Reply